Friday, August 6, 2010

GREAT Grandmas...

The kids are SO lucky to have such a "GREAT" grandma and great-grandma to teach them swim lessons. It truly is so amazing that my grandma will come and teach them lessons for a whole week. She gave each kid 3 lessons a day....She really is incredible!
The babies...
Kate is now competly fearless..she can blow bubbles, kick, & sometimes reach! Next summer hopefully she will be a little more swim safe!
Great Grandma Ski and the Ed heads!
Grandma Ski not only taught mine and my sisters kids but also 2 of my cousins....7 kids at 3 lessons a day=lots of patience and deserving of a vacation!
Carter is pretty swim safe so she was able to work on some strokes and form

Grandma got in a helped too...
Kit Kat was actually a pretty good little student...as long as Princess Ariel had a lesson too!

She had no problem going under the water.....it is a little scary because she THINKS she can swim and has no clue she can't!
Waiting for their lesson. The kids loved it so much it was always a little bit of a fight of who's turn it was to get a lesson. Many hours were spent in the hot tub waiting their turn. Many times did we hear from Grandma Ski...."It is against the rules to shoot water at the swim teacher!" I am so grateful that grandma Ski is willing to do this for my kids.....What a great example she is for my kids and what great memories she makes with them. We love her!
It really was such an amazing summer to be able to spend time with family and live in the pool. Carter and Kate were so sad to come home. It is so fun to see them bond with their cousins and create these amazing relationships. Carter really thinks that Cole & Drew are SUPERHERO's. I am so grateful for my mom for putting up with our mess all summer long, all the food, all the diet cokes, all the laundry, & Carter waking her up in the morning. It was such a LIFE BREAK to go to California and just enjoy my sisters and my kids and not have to deal with the everyday things that pop up. Since we have been home I think my Carter has asked ONE MILLION times when we are going back to California....I think he misses living in his swimsuit, the endless freezer of Popsicle, and some who is always ready to play!

No comments: