Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Potty Training!

Okay I had no idea how HORRIBLE potty training is.....we are on day 3 and it is still not going so well. Carter being my strong willed child doesn't really seem to want to do it! Monday was a day full of ALL accidents! Yup not once on the toilet. Tuesday we had a little more success with about half and half! So I thought today would be all downhill. Of course Carter had a different plan!
We put him to bed last night in a diaper ( not quite willing to change sheets all night) and at 12:30 he woke up screaming...he kept saying his"peanut" hurt and cried and cried for 45 minutes. Finally he said he wanted to get in the shower, which at this point we were willing to try anything! As soon as he got in the shower he went potty! (I know gross) But immediately felt fine, poor guy just had a full blatter and did not want to go in his diaper. Which seems a little weird since he has no problem going in his underwear. But know he wants to go potty in the shower instead of the toilet!
I am not sure if we are going to make it and become fully potty trained EVER....but the thought of going through these 3 days again is what makes me keep going! Needless to say it has been long days over here at the Damron's I am so jealous of all of you who have potty trained kids! Advice is welcomed!

Carter in one of his happier moments about this process showing off his muscles and baseball underwear....
The tough ones have to come cute!

5 comments:

Maren said...

As a lazy mother I kept Finn in pull-ups until we had no accidents! He still sleeps in them. Also a prize on the back of the toilet that he got if he had no accidents for a week.

Foulgers said...

Just like A dog!!!

millie said...

Your little Carter is quite a handsome boy. I was very impressed with his wind-up in the earlier post. I'm also used to Holden and I couldn't imagine him throwing a ball as far as Carter must throw it to hit the net hard enough to bounce back.

Good luck with your potty training. I had a friend who used stickers as motivations for each successful potty. I was motivated by getting my fingernails painted...But I don't think that will help.

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

Ok, so you just described our experience with potty training... the night wake up thing happened a few nights, it's cuz their little bodies are now aware of going potty and they don't want to pee in bed...Keedon would cry and say his tummy hurt, then same thing, as soon as he went, he felt better and went back to sleep! it wore off though, then Keedon woke up dry... (so it does happen, even though I also thought, this will never happen...) so, there is hope. But, come on... potty training is WAY more work than diapers!

Unknown said...

Just keep thinking you'll be done before us!! Keep up the good work.

love you

Rach