Monday, June 23, 2008

ER Visit Round 2!

Yes, 2 ER visits in 2 different states in 2 months! Luckily Carter has come away fine both times!
Little Carter managed to find some adult Aspirin pills in my mom's bathroom! I caught him with his hands full and then made him throw-up.....I did not think anything went down but just in case off to the ER we went!
He started to have flash backs of the 3 day hospital stay in New York and started crying: No doctors, No ouches, No hospital beds! They had him drink some gross charcoal drink and then FOUR short hours later they drew blood! Here he is showing my mom his ouchy...when they took his blood he started screaming "I'm SO BRAVE!" After that they doctors and nurses would walk by and say..."There's the brave boy!"
The doctor gave him a very important talk about not taking medicine again...Carter was an excellent listener! Carter kept saying NO MORE MINTS referring to what he thought the Aspirin was!
Here he is so proud to be out of the ER 5 hours later! Lets hope for no more visits for a LONG time!

2 comments:

JoEllen said...

Holy Cow! A mom's worst nightmare! I'm glad he (and you) is ok!

Merrill Family said...

Seriously Rebecca!

I am so glad he's okay! I had to call poison control a few weeks ago because Alex got into Dylan's infant Tylenol. Fortunately he didn't take a toxic amount so we didn't have to go to the ER. Scary!